10am - 5pm
Get out on the water with Irish Sailing, who are offering a number of sailing activities across the weekend. The stand will be open all day Friday and Saturday for passers-by to come and chat and step on board the yacht, Anna Emily.
Limited to ages 5+, there will be:
- 1720 keelboats coming from Royal Cork to bring people on Try Sailing sailing sessions up the river. This will be run on a rotation basis for queued attendees. No timetable, to bookings.
- The lovely yacht “Anna Emily” will be on the pontoon for people to step on board for a guide to how a large yacht works and talk to the skipper about how to sail and where you can go with a yacht.
- Powerboats will be on the marina for safety cover.
- Visitors can make the Try Sailing Try Knotting Challenge on the stand.
- Irish Sailing professionals and volunteers from the local clubs and centres will be on hand to “Talk Sailing” and advise visitors on where they can Try and how.
Visit the Irish Sailing website here.
11am - 12 pm
12pm - 1 pm
1.30pm - 2.30pm
2.30pm - 3.30 pm
4pm - 5 pm
If you fancy sampling an urban kayaking trip, Atlantic Sea Kayaking will be on hand. This promises to be a safe, enjoyable and memorable experience for all who join in. Get out onto the water with Ireland's premier kayaking companies and celebrate our beautiful seas! Due to insurance restrictions, participants must be aged 8+.
Visit the Atlantic Sea Kayaking website here.